I've got the powah
So our power was half out until late Tuesday night. Our building has three phases and one of the phases was out. The way they wired our building, some of the stuff had power and some didn't. The fridge had power, and the bedrooms had power so we had heat. That was good. The stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer were out. We were really lucky - there are still people without any power at all. Our biggest problems were getting tired of eating out, and the dishes piling up in and around the sink.
On Friday during all the craziness, Sally and I watched Season 2 of Grey's Anatomy all day. I couldn't do much work at home because our Internet was out, and I tried finding a place to hang out and get wireless to get some work done, but they were packed and there was nowhere to sit. All in all it was a pleasant snow day.
In other news, we got a new computer which is cool. Our old computer - I bought it back in 1998 I think. I had added RAM and a honkin hard drive a few years ago but it's pretty much on its last legs.
We are ready for Christmas! This is the first Christmas ever that I won't be with my family. (I'm 33.) Pete and Sally and I are going to start some new traditions. So far, we're planning to: open presents and sit around.
I will really miss all the folks, and Christmas Eve which is a big party at my parents' house with kww and watie and everyone and lots of booze and good food. And of course there's the famous "W" party - so famous that one year Pete flew in to Omaha for a mere 24 hours just to attend.
Anyway I'm excited about Christmas. This is not a very interesting post but to whet your whistle I will soon write a review of a fondue restaurant where Pete and I ate long ago before the Elton John concert.

1 Comments:
Mmmmmm... Fondue!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home