relationships
I enjoy reading advice columns, both to learn about issues and to enjoy other people's crazy lives. But sometimes I read them to remind myself that I am lucky and happy and do not have much to worry about. Case in point:
****************
DEAR ABBY: Am I a "sicko" because I step out of the shower naked in front of our dog? My wife thinks so. The trouble started when we got a female dog, "Taffy," from the local animal shelter. Taffy sleeps in our bedroom and is there in the morning when I take my shower.
My wife insists that I cover up in front of the dog and that Taffy is no different from a child. This has created a lot of stress between us because, to me, a dog is a dog. Is it wrong to be naked in front of a dog? -- IN THE DOGHOUSE, TEMECULA, CALIF.
DEAR IN THE DOGHOUSE: Even though many people treat their dogs like children, the fact remains that dogs are canines -- not homo sapiens. Your wife appears to be either jealous or have an overactive imagination. It is no more wrong for a human to be naked in the presence of a dog than it is for a dog to be naked in the presence of a human.
DEAR ABBY: What do you think of a man who pulls a chair out from underneath his wife when she goes to sit down? -- SORE BUTT, TEMECULA, CALIF.
DEAR SORE BUTT: Not much. You could have been seriously injured. If your husband thinks it was funny, he appears to be immature and have a warped sense of humor. From now on, seat yourself, because your husband is not to be trusted until he grows up.
****************
I can tell you that Pete and I have our share of strange discussions (i.e. it's ok to hold hands during certain documentaries but not all; please keep your feet in your own area; etc.) but generally we have a pretty mellow time, and I have yet to have the need to write to Abby.

3 Comments:
I'm wondering why these strange things are all happening in Temecula. Hmmm....
Apparently Temecula is Spanish for "City of Weirdos".
I have been to Temecula (its wine country) and it is indeed strange! I booked this hotel room that had been converted from a clock tower, but the problem was the clock STILL RAN so there was this constant ticking noise! And every hour guess what would happen??? Yes, the clock would chime LOUDLY! Worst nights sleep of my life.
P.S. I am appalled that anyone would let their 6 year old drive a golf cart. You tell ‘em Abby!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home