footloose
A lot of people think Pete looks like Kenny Loggins, including me, up to a point. (The other day he was at the pharmacy and the pharmacist was whispering to a customer and the customer said really loud "I love Loggins & Messina!" and the pharmacist was really embarassed, as if he had been whispering either, "that guy looks like Kenny Loggins" or "there's Kenny Loggins!".)
Well, I just saw Kenny Loggins on TV and I am here to tell you that Pete may look like the Kenny Loggins of the 80's but not of the 00's. Here is the 80's Kenny (add glasses and remove hair highlights):

There was a Footloose reunion on the Today Show and Kenny sang the title track. Here he is:

One thing I learned from today's performance is the truth about some mysterious lyrics I've always wondered about (but not enough to look them up on the Internet). Towards the end of the song, when they're sort of wrapping it up, someone sings, "Now take a hold of your soul." I never knew that was what they were saying. I thought they were saying something like "Now take a hole ay hole" which is weird.
If you are interested in the Footloose reunion (Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer and John Lithgow), read the related article - you can watch the interview too. It's sad that Chris Penn could not be there.



2 Comments:
I'm glad Pete looks like the 80's Kenny Loggins- The new version is scary!
I agree - Pete looks a bit like the younger Kenny Loggins, but nothing like the current photo. P.S. Kenny Rogers is looking kind of scary/artificial these days. Hello KennyR - you are a country singer, not a supermodel. It's ok to age!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home