Bladio Blogio

Monday, February 20, 2006

Tick Tock

Ever since Pete and I have been going out, then subsequentially engaged and married, he has worn a black Swatch that he got in Italy. Cool watch, but as time went by it got a little bedraggled. I got him a new strap for it, and then another one, and then finally I asked if he would consider a new watch, despite his strong sentimental affection for his Swatch.

Surprisingly he agreed it was time for a new watch, and I said I'd get him one for Christmas.

I must confess that the main thing that bothered me about the Swatch was the loud TICK TICK TICK TICK that went on all night because he wore it to bed. This part of my reasoning was a secret from Pete. Secret because of its selfish element.


I got him a new watch and he liked it. HOWEVER at night, he would take it off and put his loud Swatch on! I asked if he could keep it in the bathroom with the door closed, but it turns out he likes to know what time it is at any moment during the night - and if he doesn't know what time it is, he can't sleep. See, the Swatch had glow-in-the-dark hands, and the new one doesn't.

I had to confess how loud the Swatch is, which he couldn't believe, since most people wouldn't think the watch was loud. He went to the fake Fred Meyer in the QFC basement and got a glow-in-the-dark alarm clock.He put it right next to where his eye is when sleeping. So now he can know the time, and I don't have to listen to his Swatch!

File this post under Happiness While Sleeping.

3 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 7:13 AM , Blogger la Ketch said...

that is the sweetest story ever...

 
At 2/21/2006 8:14 AM , Blogger kww said...

Watie's parents gave us a clock that we had in the living room (downstairs in our Carmen condo) and I couldn't stand the tick tick at night. Watie thought I was crazy as it was far away, but it drove me insane. Now it hangs in Watie's studio and it drives me nuts there too.

As for nighttime clocks, my brother Drew had this awesome clock from Brookstone (or someplace like that) that projected the time/outside temperature on the ceiling. I loved it so much that he gave one to me a couple of Christmases ago. I love it--and highly recommend it. Being able to see the time from where ever you are in the bed is great. AND it is SILENT!

 
At 2/21/2006 2:46 PM , Blogger DK said...

no that there's no ticking at night, you'll be able hear everthing else... the dripping from the sink, your neighbor snoring, sally dreaming, spiders creeping, etc :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home