Go Hawks!
May the Seattle Seahawks succeed against the Pittsburgh Steelers tomorrow.
When we were skiing last month, my mom reminded me of once when we were at the Heinz Museum in Pittsburgh (which is where she grew up, and where her parents both grew up, and where she met my dad, who moved there when he was high-school age) she made me eat a chocolate covered pickle.
At the time she didn't know I hate pickles and in retrospect, she said she thinks I just ate it so she would stop bugging me about trying it. I have blocked most of that moment out but probably that's why I tasted the chocolate-covered pickle. I can't even remember if it was gross or not but I'm guessing it was.

4 Comments:
Didn't you try a deep fried pickle in Nashville or somewhere?
For not liking pickles, you certainly are experimental.
P.S. Go Steelers.
Oh my good LORD, chocolate covered pickle. I don't want to EVEN think about it! That freaks me out hard core! That should go on your list of Things that freak me out bad.
Also, I was rooting for Seattle. I was made at the Steelers for pushing the Bears out of the playoffs. (Okay, I was mad at the Bears too)
I did make beer cheese dip, and Watie bought a fry daddy and we had cheese fries, so all was not lost yesterday!
I can't wait for your next visit--think of the fried treats we could eat (BUT ABSOLUTELY NO FRIED PICKLES!)
it's true i ate deep-fried pickles in Louisville, KY and they were pretty good.
we went light on the super bowl snacks but then we had a vegetarian indian feast. i forget the name of the one thing but it's lentils and rice and broth and spices all cook up together. then we had spinach and potatoes, and frozen naan from trader joe's, which is almost as good as restaurant naan and you just pop it in the oven for 2 minutes.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home