Boxing v. Coal Mining
T-Rod and I watched Cinderella Man the other night. Pete wasn't home so this is how my review for him went the next day (paraphrased a bit).
Blade: I didn't like Cinderella Man at all.
Pete: I never had any interest in seeing that.
B: Well I didn't like it. Boxing is dumb. He claimed to be boxing for his family but every time you go out boxing you could be killed and with every punch to the head you might get brain damage, and that is not good for your family!
P: Probably he didn't have much choice.
B: I think he did!
P: Coal miners don't have much choice, and that's dangerous, but it's for their family.
B: Well I like coal miners! Besides they're going down there to bring up coal to share with us and heat houses!
P: Well boxers are providing entertainment.
B: I don't care, it's dumb!
However at one point during this exchange I did say I liked Rocky and we had fun reminiscing about Rocky III with the snowy Siberian scenes, and I sang bits of James Brown's "Living in America" which Pete seemed to enjoy.

3 Comments:
I enjoyed your review. and thanks for the card. we just got it.
A
I hate boxing, but I liked Cinderella Man!
They were so poor! They had no food! Did you see where they were living?
He HAD to do it.
I know nothing of boxing movies--I will not watch them. However, I do have a very clear picture of what happens to Rocky's lip when he gets punched and spit (or is it blood?) flies out and lands with a splash, thanks to all the times we used to act it out (even though I never saw it!)
Also, when I saw the movie cover for Cinderella man while flipping through pay - per- view movies I thought it was two men embracing. I asked Watie if that was why it was called Cinderella man--because it was about gay boxers. He thought I was some kind of crazy person-and told me it was a woman and Russell Crowe.
Well...I never do watch boxing movies.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home