Bladio Blogio

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Dispatch from Colorado: 3

This one doesn't actually have anything to do with Colorado except that I thought of it while I was here.

We went shopping in the little downtown here on Friday and there was Christmas music playing in all the shops and suddenly I experienced a chill through to my core.

You know what this means if you are from Omaha and at this point, possibly other locales. This means that soon we will all be hearing so much Manheim Steamroller Christmas music everywhere we go that we will all be crying and crying and crying and begging for Christmas to be over.

I don't know what else to say. When my parents have that disc in their 5-CD player in Omaha I take it out when no one's looking and replace it with the Messiah Disc 1. Then I put it at the bottom of the CD pile in hopes that no one will find it.

I am off to Boulder for lunch now and then off to the airport and soon I'll be seeing my Pete. My mom's not coming with us but it's because she has to serve sloppy joes at church for a special event. Not because she doesn't like us.

3 Comments:

At 11/29/2005 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE listening to 'The Messiah'. It is the perfect harbinger of Christmas!
Another good one is piano music by Liz Story.

 
At 11/29/2005 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now, Manheim steamroller is not so bad. Jazzy even...makes you want to tap your feet.

 
At 11/30/2005 11:23 AM , Blogger bladio said...

It is that bad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home