In Honor of Shaftway
No new leads in the cake mystery. I will keep you posted, and someday I'll fill in the details for you. Actually let me tell you now. We had the top tier of our wedding cake in a Tupperware in our freezer to eat on our 1-year anniversary. Now there is a piece out of it and we don't know who, um, chose (I'm sure very reasonably...???) to eat part of our cake. And at this point we will probably never know because we have exhausted our leads. Pete thinks maybe he did it and told me about it and then we both forgot. Besides from being a crazy idea, as I keep telling him, "You don't even like cake!"
Anyway the real reason I started this post is to say: too bad Shaftway doesn't read blogs or he would see this photo I took in NYC Chinatown in his honor:

p.s. if one of you dear readers ate part of our cake, please let me know. I promise I won't be mad. I have gotten over my initial disappointment and at this point I'm just incredibly curious. Plus, don't forget, I'll give you $1.

6 Comments:
Could it be Pete is confessing in a round about way? Could you have eaten it in a midnight snack fest? The simplest answer is often the most likely.
Carolyn, Tell us about your leads, you don't have to name names, but I am so insanely curious about what could have happened to the wedding topper. What do you mean a "piece out of it"? Like a triangle wedge sliced out carefully, or like someone stuck a fork in a couple of times just snacking while standing in front of the open freezer. How did you discover this? Was the tupperware on top of other frozen foods, or at a jaunty angle that alerted you to the disturbance? Or do you think this may have happened at any point in time because the tupperware had been carefully replaced. HOW MUCH is gone? Will there be enough for you to share on your one year anniversary?
I know this might just be making it worse, or maybe you don't want to give out too much information in case the offender is trying to decide whether or not you are closing in on them and they should confess. I say Confess! I beg of you! Don't let this mystery continue...
a very precise and well-cut slice has been removed from the cake. (the fact that it's so nicely cut, to me, rules out a sleepwalker.) it's in a clear tupperware and i went into the freezer last week to find something for dinner (and of course there was nothing to eat for dinner because we never have any food!) and i noticed that there was a piece out of the cake. i can't remember the last time i even looked at it, so i don't know when it happened. we can only think of 3 people who have been in our house when we weren't home. we asked them if they ate it and they said no. besides they would just never do that. we do have enough cake so it's not tragic in that way. just symbolically sad.
Is the piece missing proporionate to the amount of time you've been married? If so, you could take the opportunity to have a slice once a month - so that it always represents a fraction of the first year.
another possible lead that would indicate pete's potential culpability is the fact that everybody likes cake. scientifically.
he likes it okay but exponentially prefers pie. what a goofhead.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home