Happy Farkin New Year
Do you ever spend time reminding yourself of all the things you should be grateful for, trying to cheer yourself up when really all you want to do is lie on the couch and feel sorry for yourself?
I've been feeling pretty blue all week. I had a fun Christmas vacation – 2 whole weeks – 9 days of which were spent at Momster's house where we laughed our asses off every day. And now I miss her 8 billion tons, I can't even say how much I miss her. I wish she and her family would move to Seattle.
At one point last week Momster and I got her car stuck in the garage. That story warrants its own post and I will also provide diagrams.
Last weekend Pete & I saw Brokeback Mountain and Walk the Line. I loved them both. Add those flicks to my list of things to be grateful for.
You really can spend a lot of time and energy being grateful because you can break down items into several items. For example -
Grateful for Walk the Line Itemized Breakdown. Thank goodness for:
a) Johnny Cash being born and making music
b) June Carter being born and making music
c) Both of them pushing on through all the crap to get married and all that stuff and as far as I know (I don't know a lot about them) ultimately being happy
d) The movie getting made
e) The movie getting made with good actors
f) The movie being good
g) Me having a day off to see the movie
h) Me having a job from which I can have a day off
i) The audience being quiet
j) Reeses Pieces
k) Knowing that after the movie we will be eating a homemade Indian feast
l) An empty seat next to me on which to put my coat
m) Pete in the other seat next to me
n) Pete having the day off
o) Being married to Pete
p) Having found him at all
q) On top of having found him in general, him liking me too, etc. etc.
See, if you break it down in such a precise, granular way soon you have forgotten your troubles. You can even get down to the level of like thank goodness the earth's plates shifted in such a way as to allow the creation of our continent, because if North America didn't exist would we all have met each other / had our respective families / live in the towns we live / etc. etc. ??
Give it a try. It can be dizzying. Or dazzling!
I'm going to go have some fun now. Thank goodness for that.

4 Comments:
Ooh, ooh, ooh! I can't wait to see the diagrams!
This was a great post. I was grateful because I was laughing at it and then I told Hil who was in the other room and she agreed and said, "Yeah, I liked it. It makes you feel good."
bladio - if you are still feeling blue - know that people who know you are grateful that they do!
that's the truth
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home