Bladio Blogio

Friday, January 20, 2006

Mac & cheese 3x / day

Pete and I spent a few days with my family on a ski adventure in Colorado. On our way to Snowmass we had a layover in Denver and we ate lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. We got a BBQ chicken pizza and macaroni and cheese and split them.

On Wednesday we flew home and we had another long layover at DIA so we went to Wolfgang Puck Express again. But this time we didn't want to have pizza because we wanted to order some in when we got home and eat it while watching Wedding Crashers. I got the macaroni and cheese and Pete got a turkey sandwich.

Our plane got delayed because the mechanics "couldn't figure out how to manually fuel the plane". So now we had an extra 4 hours to fill. Blech. We went to the bar to have a drink (
Heineken for me, coffee for Pete) and noticed a dish on the menu called "Pot O' Gold". Or maybe it was called "Fools' Gold".

Guess what it was? DEEP-FRIED MACARONI AND CHEESE! So of course we had to order it. I thought it would be totally awesome but it was actually mostly just weird. It was like
Kraft dinner inside a little battered triangle. I would have to say that the two tastes (mac & cheese and fried batter) contradicted each other so you couldn't really taste either one that well.

Well by the time we got back to Seattle we were starving and it was 10 PM and we didn't want to wait 45 minutes for a pizza so Pete made us - guess - Annie's Peace Pasta and Parmesan.

And that's the story of my big day of macaroni and cheese. We got home at 10pm instead of 4pm. Six hours at DIA, no Wedding Crashers, no pizza but a whole darn lot of macaroni and cheese. Which was good since the following day marked the beginning of my new year during which I can't eat tons of macaroni and cheese.

2 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 11:59 AM , Blogger kww said...

Hey wait, not a ton of macaroni and cheese? What about pizza?
Sadly, I really want to eat deep fried macaroni and cheese, despite your description.

I am in Orlando, and I can't find Macaroni and cheese--not on room service menu or any of these weird convention center restaurants.

I did have tortilla soup (which I chose over clam chowder oddly enough). I know it is weird but I like avocado--even in warm format.

What if there were a side of guacamole with the fried macaroni and cheese...add sweet potato fries, and seriously I am there.

Glad it was fun in Colorado, I would love to hear more about your adventures and family updates!
yours,
kww

 
At 1/20/2006 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew. fried macaroni and cheese?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home