Stuff
1. You know those garbage bags that are painted to look like jack-o-lanterns and then people fill them with leaves and put them on their lawn as Halloween decorations? There's one in our neighborhood that's a jack-o-lantern head connected to a body (also filled with leaves) and Sally always growls at it! Rightly so, I might add! Spooky.
2. Stephen and I will have another restaurant review for you this week. We went to Andy's Diner in Sodo and this time we took Pete along. Stay tuned!
3. I was talking to Pete about advice columns I like to read and he asked about Miss Manners. "She doesn't publish every day," I said. "I have a certain cycle of my advice column reading and it sucks if I go to hers and it's not updated, so then I just don't go." Pete pointed out that it's, well, RUDE of Miss Manners not to update her column on a regular schedule.
4. Pete and I are off to L.A. this weekend to see my college roommate, Christy (you probably know her as Clancy) get married to Jason, a fine fellow who draws really good comics.
Clancy - I know you stop by sometimes so HELLO and SEE YOU SOON and we can't wait!
We will also get to see David and Jen, and Bob and Sarah, and Larry David, and Jennifer Garner! Wow!
We are also going to eat chicken and waffles, and go to a place with insane pancakes. This dish is calling my name:
"Peanut Bubba" Crunchy French Toast ~ Our Mom’s French Toast dipped in a peanut butter crunch and grilled to perfection...Topped with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
Here's Clancy and me lighting a special pumpkin candle in our dorm room, 1993. Note Uncle Owen playing guitar and wearing a dress in the background.

3 Comments:
Oh Man! I want to go to the Griddle Cafe! I want Boysenberry Rain and Barry Yellow!
I haven't eaten breakfast yet. I'm dying!
P.S. Say hi to Larry for me.
What comic does Jason draw? Can we see them on the intartubes someplace?
Yay - I was going through Bladio withdrawal! Have a great trip!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home