Are you kidding me with this?
Sandra Lee makes the most DISGUSTING things on semi-homemade.Does anyone seriously watch this and think this stuff looks good, much less make it at home?
I used to not care about her one way or the other but now she and her nasty peaches and frosting and tablescapes make me SICK.
It's really unfortunate that she is between two of my favorite shows, Barefoot Contessa and 30-Minute Meals. I watch an episode of Friends in between but it's on DVD so it only takes up about 20 minutes.
No, I do not watch too much television!
If I could be personal friends with anyone on the Food Network (regardless of their show or the food they cook), it would be Ina Garten. What about you?
p.s. yes that is an angry viewer puking on sandra lee and her gross-out crappo store-bought angel food cake covered with canned beets and rosemary.
p.s. #2 this may seem like a super crabby post but I'm feeling much happier than I did the other day.

8 Comments:
Remember how I told you my mom HATES that lady and how her kitchen changes to match what she is working on. My mom hates *VERY* few people/things, and so it is pretty serious.
Um, canned beets on angel food cake, I am going to puke right now, but not on the cake because if I even look at it I might puke more. Good LORD!
Yes, Ina Garten is excellent, but perhaps a bit gender stereotypical, no? I would like to meet the tall bald guy from Lola's (Cleveland) who used to be on melting pot. Seriously, when that guy laughed, I had to smile.
Love to you!
I am behind you 100 percent! That lady is pure jive. Everything she makes looks fake and disgusting. The whole premise seems to be to trick the ones you love into thinking that you've made real food when it's all smoke and mirrors. Or more specifically, canned beets and rosemary. My mom hates her too but what gets her is that Sandra Lee has a really weird speech pattern and puts the emphasis on the wrong words. I haven't watched the show since that insight though, so I haven't heard that particular weirdness firsthand. I would also choose Ina to be my real-life friend. Or Paula Deen!
p.s. to kww--my mom doesn't like Ina either because she's "always sucking up to her husband"!
it's true she does suck up to her husband a lot. but i like how she has her friends over for dinner. i would want to be one of those friends.
also if we were personal friends i could be like, "what up with sucking up to your husband all the time?" she used to work at the white house so she can't be too dumb.
I've never seen her show, but seriously, beets and rosemary on angel food cake? Sounds like a pukefest to me!
That picture is hi-larious.
I may have been exaggerating for effect when I said the cake had beets and rosemary on it...
Yesterday Ina said she hates cilantro!
She was probably sucking up to my mom's husband.
And also, i second Paula Deen--she is pretty funny, makes a lot of food for friends and her husband (and 2 sons) but ist is soooo full of good fatty-ness that you know she doesn't take things too seriously
I like Paula Dean but I think she wouldn't like me because I don't eat meat and she seems like a lady that might try to push meat on someone.
I like Rachel Ray but I think she is too perky to be my friends.
I do like Ina a lot - I like how she is mellow and doesn't seem snobby/Martha Stewart like even though I think she is as talented as Martha.
I think I would get along well with Nigela Lawson or that nutty guy from Good Eats - Alton Brown? Also the guy from Food 911 seems nice and non-judgmental when you screw things up in the kitchen.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home