cracked
I was talking to Pete on the phone and filling him in on the news here (he's in Sweden eating meatballs and lingonberries). I said to him, "Another woman was cracked." He said, "what?" and I said again, "another woman was cracked."
Now you know how someone says something and you're confused about what they said but you know they're not crazy so you try hard and fast to make sense of what they're saying? And all these ideas go shooting through your mind? Well in his mind, as he tried to buy time by saying "what?" several times, he thought I must be referring to some sort of crime spree in Seattle where people are getting "cracked" - some new crime term he wasn't familiar with. It didn't help that every time he said "what?" I just repeated, "Another woman was cracked."
Anyway what I was really talking about was the Woody Allen movie "Another Woman" on DVD, which arrived from Netflix with a crack in the disc. (He knew I was planning to watch that movie while he was gone.)
So, now that I have revealed what I was really saying I will write it again with correct capitalization and punctuation (I didn't want to give it away to you!):
"'Another Woman' was cracked."
We finally explained ourselves to each other and laughed and laughed. I don't know if this is funny to you, dear readers, but it makes me laugh out loud when I think about it.

4 Comments:
That is WHACK!
You guys are sooo funny! :)
That cracks me up!
the other day, I was playing Killer Bunnies with Prilly and Sboo, and Sboo did the dumbest thing, and I said to him "You are so cracked!"
I have never before used that word. But now, it's basically a part of my vocabulary.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home