Bladio Blogio

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Yawk

Here I am in New York for a blogging conference. You may recall that last July I attended BlogHer in San Jose. This is BlogHer Business. (I manage a corporate blog for a living. I know, I know, so weird.)

Here is the JFK control tower, featured in many a Seinfeld episode. The architectural firm where my dad worked for 40 years designed it, I am 98% sure.



In the cab from JFK to Manhattan, we passed Shea Stadium, home of the '86 Mets who ruined my life for a time back when I was a huge Sox fan. We also passed this craziness:



When I asked, the cabbie said this is a park where people come to have fun, barbeque and see New York. When I told
mosugs about it, she said that's where the World's Fair was. Her explanation made much more sense! She also explained that this site is featured in the blockbuster film Men in Black.

I am staying catty-corner from Madison Square Garden in the fashion or garment district. My hotel is very old school and has a kitchenette with stove, full-size fridge, many cupboards, and microwave. Another weird thing is that the TV does not point to the bed, and it's not on a swivelling platform. It essentially points at the door.

Earlier I saw a miniature schnauzer out on the street and I thought of my sweet Sally snoozing away at home.

That's all I have to say for now.

4 Comments:

At 3/22/2007 7:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to NYC, Blade.

At the foot of the craziness in your picture is Queens Theatre in the Park, run by none other than Omaha's own Rob Urbinati.

Also, Flushing Meadows Park is home to this thing:

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/The-Sphere-at-Flushing-Meadow-Park-Giclee-Print-C10208654.jpeg

which is featured at the beginning of "King of Queens." Not that Harry Husker ever watches "King of Queens," it's just a fact he knows.

 
At 3/22/2007 8:45 AM , Blogger mosugs said...

When i told you that those were spaceships, i hope you know i meant fake ones. cuz, if they were real, that would be a whole other story.

 
At 3/23/2007 9:47 AM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

I hope you've checked your itinerary for your return trip home. Just sayin'...

 
At 3/26/2007 10:48 AM , Blogger Ash said...

Have a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home