Bladio Blogio

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

authors

Bog Face inspired this brief post. The summer after high school, FW and I went to this short story conference with our h.s. creative writing teacher. At one session, I was sitting next to Toby Woolf*, but then he switched places with Gay Talese, so I had to sit next to Gay Talese.

Ann Beattie, my favorite author of all time - at that time, not sure who that would be today - was there signing books, but I was too shy to go up to her. So FW got my book signed while I hid behind a plant.

We also ate some pizza. That was fun.

* You can call him Mister Tobias Woolf.

3 Comments:

At 5/31/2006 6:50 PM , Blogger kww said...

So funny, I remember that story about hiding behind the plant, but not the Mr. Woolf part. I also don't know who Gay Talese is--I guess I ought to click on the link...sorry
talk to you soon.

 
At 6/01/2006 6:37 PM , Blogger la Ketch said...

for one split second, i thought fw had a blog...

 
At 6/01/2006 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also Blade kissed W.P. Kinsella in the face at this conference.

Last summer I read Gay Talese's book about the building of the Verazzano Narrows Bridge. It was up at Kosmas and Speed's summer house. It's good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home