Bladio Blogio

Friday, February 09, 2007

Better in some ways

Thanks to everyone for your kind words during my bad cold. I know I'm being a big whiner but it's been over a week now. I have some energy back but still lots of congestion, a killer cough, and my ears are plugged. I've been sleeping about 11 hours a night since Sunday. No foods are appetizing at all except soup. It's a bummer!

Pete and I are developing a plan for helping to keep our house less cluttered. Our place isn't dirty per se, just messy, and it's been getting me down lately. All of you out there - do you have processes in place for keeping things tidy at your house? I'd love to hear them and possibly incorporate your ideas into our grand plan.

12 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 4:08 PM , Blogger mosugs said...

didn't you once show me a link to a lady that was all about de-cluttering?
anyway, i just bought the latest issue of domino and it has a bunch of good tips.
i'll bring it with me next week and we can go over them together.
and then i will leave the magazine and it will add to the clutter and you'll think 'gee, that was helpful.'

 
At 2/10/2007 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal motto for tidiness goes like this:

"A place for everything, and everything all over the place."

I hope this helps.

 
At 2/10/2007 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! Sorry you're sick. Your self-portrait was sadlarious. I am also sick, but just with a cold. You sound like you have the flu or something if it's been going on for that long. I tried this stuff called Mucinex and it really helped me. You can take one or two pills every 12 hours and the first dose didn't do too much, but after that it started working! I still feel gross, but things loosened up--I don't have that completely stopped up feeling. As for clutter--I wish I knew. DBD and I are the worst. If you get any good ideas--pass them on! Hope you feel better!!!

p.s. I so do not work for Mucinex despite my endorsement!

 
At 2/11/2007 1:57 AM , Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Sadlarious! What a word. I love that word.

 
At 2/11/2007 5:00 AM , Blogger mosugs said...

blade and musinex went to homecoming together!

 
At 2/12/2007 9:01 AM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

I have an awesome method for keeping my house clean. It's called being anal-retentive and obsessive-compulsive. Ask RaggedyAngst, she loves coming over to my place!

 
At 2/12/2007 10:31 AM , Blogger bladio said...

I did use musinex for awhile and i liked it. This was back when my only problem was a non-productive cough. My cough is now productive, and now also my nose and ears are congested. I have been using ny-quil at night but could use some suggestions for a decongestant to get this stuff gone! ugh. sorry to be gross.

 
At 2/12/2007 11:12 AM , Blogger mosugs said...

you need expectorant. so you can expectorate.
YAY for expectoration!

 
At 2/12/2007 12:42 PM , Blogger Ash said...

As you may know I used to be so diorganized that I had to pay a professional organizer to help me. My place was so bad that she actually put it in her book as an example. My copy of the book is out on loan, but I will get it back and loan it to you. It really helps to know the rules that she outlines in the book.

 
At 2/12/2007 12:43 PM , Blogger Ash said...

*disorganized*

 
At 2/12/2007 1:07 PM , Blogger bladio said...

i am already expectorating, i do not need expectorate! i need decongestant!

the place that mosugs reminded me that i sent to her is:
http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlyingLessons_Declutter.asp

we got some good work done this weekend. now i just need to clean out the office which is filled with about 5 years worth of my receipts. including ones where i paid cash, like $2 for a bag of doritos.

 
At 2/16/2007 5:54 PM , Blogger kww said...

try "home comforts" it is a good book. I will try fly lady.

kww

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home