Bladio Blogio

Thursday, February 15, 2007

hmmm...well...

1. Last night I dreamed that I had to take a shower in the cafeteria of my college dorm. Huh? And yes, people were around eating their dinner and stuff. I had some clothes on, and did my best not to show any, you know, skin or whatever. What up?
2. Lunch time! I love lunch time. When I'm at work I go to the cafeteria promptly at 11 to beat the crowd. Lately I have been getting a turkey burger with Swiss on whole grain bread with a salad. Yum!
3. Slick and Rosa (not Rosa from meuterosa, this is a different Rosa) were here to visit last year and Rosa really put a scare into me by talking about the possibility of the skin around one's eyes becoming papery and old. This plus some words of wisdom over on
Bog Face has prompted me to start washing my face every night and using eye cream in the morning and evening. I bought some new eye cream last weekend and told Pete is was because of Rosa's information and he said, maybe we should send her the bill! (It was a whole $20!) So Rosa, if you are out there, I took your knowledge to heart and I hope to have nice skin well into my 80's. We can get together when we're old and compare eye skin.
4. Let's say you could choose one person from the film world, one from music, and one from literature. And these people would come over to your house for a visit. Who would you choose? I would choose: Meryl Streep, Elton John, and Raymond Carver.
5. Sally wasn't into the Westminter Kennel Club Top Dog show this year. You may recall that last year she put her paws up on the TV screen and sniffed and cried. This year she watched for a few minutes but then fell asleep with her back to the television. She is a teenager now and I think she was rejecting the show because she knew I (her annoying mom) wanted her to love it.
6. Do you think nerds have their own smell? This is something I had never really thought about but last year Pete and I were at the Seattle Center for this Japanese thing and I poked my head into this other room because I'm nosy and there were all these nerds in there and it had a special nerdy smell. I asked Pete about this and he said he didn't think nerds have their own smell. But then I asked
the Great Rambini about it and he said, yes, nerds do have their own smell, and when you smell it you can say, "Smells like nerd." If the G.R. and I both think there is such a thing as a nerd smell, then by jove I think there is, no matter that Pete doesn't agree. By the way if you are thinking "how can that lady possibly speak so callously about nerds, for she is a nerd herself?" Ah, not true. I am a big dork for sure, but NOT a nerd.
7. Pete and I are going to watch
Sherrybaby tonight and eat delicious leftover chickpea curry. ("Why do you keep saying 'garbanzo beans'?" Pete asked me last night.)
8. Twice now I have tripped over those concrete things in parking lots that indicate where you should pull your car up and stop (I just looked on the Internet and these are called "car stops"). Twice, both in parking garages at my place of employment, and both times, I fell flat out, completely "bit it", landed on my shoulder and rolled onto my back, scattered my bag, phone, etc. and bruised my body. The first time I was walking along next to a stranger who helped me up. The next time I was with mosugs who was very concerned and didn't laugh, which I appreciated. I advise you all to tuck in your shoulder and sort of roll into the fall if you happen to fall. This protects your hands and face. You wouldn't want to fall on your face or land on your hand, possibly injuring your wrist.

Of course, firstly I would advise you to watch where you're going, which is why I fell both times - because I wasn't paying attention. But if you find yourself falling despite paying attention, then please take my advice: tuck and roll.

Ta ta for now, as you can see I'm in a better mood as my head & respiratory problems fade away, shortly into oblivion I hope.

5 Comments:

At 2/15/2007 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you didn't have eye cream in your eyes, you could see the damn things and avoid them all together!

 
At 2/15/2007 4:13 PM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

Put your hands over your eyes and PROTECT YOUR EYE SKIN!

Also, yes, nerds have their own smell. It's a strange combination of electronic devices, Cheetos, and loneliness.

 
At 2/16/2007 9:46 AM , Blogger Ash said...

Glad you are feeling better! I have the clutter book for you - that will make you feel even better still!

#4) Do these people have to be living? Cause that would change my list.

Living and/or non-living:
Film: Jane Mansfield (Did you know she had an IQ of 163 according to the Biography channel?)
TV: Steve Erwin
Literature: Tom Robbins

Living:
Film: Jack Nicholson
TV: Rainn Wilson (Dwight Schrute from the Office.)
Literature: Tom Robbins

 
At 2/16/2007 11:30 AM , Blogger DK said...

If you start watching your feet when you walk you might start hitting your head!

Dead-
Film: Kubrick
Music: Beethoven
Lit: Sinclair Lewis

Alive-
Film: M. Night Shamalan
Music: Thom Yorke
Lit: Stephen King

Also - one nerd by themselves may not smell... but a whole room full? For sure.

 
At 2/16/2007 1:35 PM , Blogger watie said...

I don't know if you are aware, but if you trip and are falling, but then before you hit the ground, you become distracted by some banal thing and forget you are falling, thusly missing the ground. Voila--Flying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home