Bladio Blogio

Thursday, February 26, 2009

subliminal messaging?

I have a Treo and when I'm typing on it, when I start a word, it offers suggestions. I don't know how it figures out the suggestions. Sometimes I think it's by how many times I've used a word but other times I know that can't be the case. For example, when I type "ba" it suggests "bagel". Which always makes me hungry for a bagel (although truthfully I am ALWAYS hungry for a bagel).

I once misspelled the word "going" as "goinh" so now that typo is my suggestion every time I type "go" -- even though ever since that typo I have typed in "going" the correct way.

Until last week, every time I typed "ca" it would suggest "carolyn". But as of last week it suggests "can't". This is really depressing to me! It's so negative to have my name replaced with "can't"!!!!

Why did that change? I don't think I type "can't" more than "carolyn" but if that is the case, why can't the "goinh" typo change?

Where is the logic here?

Grrrrr!

5 Comments:

At 2/27/2009 7:49 AM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

Yeah, the "predictive" text can be so frustrating! Come on, iPhone, you should know by now I never mean "shot" even though you suggested it the last 2000 times I've typed "shit". And yet you can't predict the days of the week.

 
At 2/27/2009 9:59 PM , Blogger momster said...

It must be the same glitch that makes my green light flash only SOME of the time when I have a message. And I don't know how it decides...this time...NO...this time? Well...YES! And on and on and on...

 
At 3/02/2009 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is unrelated, but i wanted to tell you that sometimes i sing "bladio blogio" to the tune of elvis costello's "radio radio."

 
At 3/02/2009 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is unrelated, but i wanted to tell you that sometimes i sing "bladio blogio" to the tune of elvis costello's "radio radio."

 
At 3/21/2009 12:05 PM , Blogger Shannon Perry said...

Yeah, I'd really like it if someone besides my MOM were making the word suggestions on my iPhone. Type a curseword, and my phone says, "Now, dear, I'm sure you meant to say 'duck.'" Weird.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home