Bladio Blogio

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Really?

So I can never think of anything to blog about. I have 10 minutes here before it's time for Margo to eat. One thing that happened is that yesterday Margo and I met Big R for coffee in the U District. And the cashier asked Margo's name and after I told her, she said, "That sounds like a boy." Really? Big R and I disagreed and so did Pete when I told him when he got home.

Here is another random thing. When we were still in the hospital after Margo was born, Pete was goofing around and he said, "You know Emanuel Rahm? His brother's name is CD..." and I said, "I don't know Emanuel Rahm but I do know Rahm Emanuel!" We laughed a lot then, which really hurt my incision. Pete was always making me laugh hard and it would hurt.

Anyway it should be noted that Pete claims I did NOT say "I don't know Emanuel Rahm but I do know Rahm Emanuel!" but I just know I did!!

Then again I was on major painkillers so maybe I thought I said it but only thought it.

This is similar to a time when we had this conversation:

Pete: You know Yo Yo Mon?
Carolyn: No.
Pete: YOU DON'T KNOW YO YO MON???
Carolyn: No, I only know Yo Yo Ma!
Pete [very embarassed]: --

Good old Pete, giving a Jamaican twist to ol' Yo Yo.

That's it folks, with 4 minutes to spare!

More soon I hope!!

6 Comments:

At 1/14/2009 8:33 AM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

So glad to have you back, even though you don't know what to post and give us funny, random thoughts! (And Margo is totally a girl's name. I think there's a reason that cashier is a cashier.)

Now I want to hear a Yo-Yo Ma reggae song.

 
At 1/14/2009 9:46 AM , Blogger jonnynono said...

I agree about the cashier. Wrong and lame. I've known several Margos who were girls, but never a boy named Margo! Maybe she thought you said Marko!

 
At 1/14/2009 9:49 AM , Blogger momster said...

At least he didn't say Yo Ma Ma!

 
At 1/15/2009 8:10 AM , Blogger mosugs said...

oh my! Pete is SO funny!

Also, you need to go back to that coffee place and show the cashier this:

http://www.babynames.com/Names/Alpha/index.php?let=M&g=&o=225

Margo is clearly shown in pink, ie "girl's name" as opposed to blue (ie "boy's name") or green (ie "unisex name")

geez.

 
At 1/19/2009 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed--that cashier was a wackjob. She's either just plain wrong and rude or hard of hearing...and still rude! Even if someone told me they'd named their daughter Yo Yo Mon, I wouldn't say straight to the mom while looking at the sweet baby, "sounds like a boy"! People are bonkers.

Glad to see you finding a few minutes to post...hope all is well!

 
At 1/27/2009 7:56 PM , Blogger Shannon Perry said...

What do you expect from a lady cashier named Phillipa Fartwangle? The woman has nomenclature issues.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home