You got tricked!
I like to prank call Pete when he's at work. I usually pretend to be a) a video store owner with a thick accent b) a person who speaks an unintelligable language but most often c) an old lady looking for her son.
I rarely fool him because I always call during his break, so in general he knows it's me.
Last week he answered the phone and the voice of an old lady said, "I need to speak with my son." Pete started laughing because he knew from the voice it wasn't me, but he thought it was KWW because she was in town.
When the lady said, "Why are you laughing?" he realized it was an actual old lady looking for her son!
Now he will always have to be sincere with whoever calls on the off chance it's a real person. This is great news for me.
By the way, the title of this post comes from the Lance Krall Show. Our lovely acquaintance Sarah is on that show (it was on Spike TV last year, I don't know what's up with it now) and they had this funny segment that was a rip-off on Punk'd. The "tricked" guy would be like "what do you think of my car?" and the unwitting passer-by would say "it's pretty cool" and the tricked guy would be like "that's not my car! you got tricked!" Perhaps you had to be there, but it's really funny and now Pete and I like to say "you got tricked!" to each other. It's important to note that when you say it you have to use a funny voice.

4 Comments:
A mutual close aquaintance turned me onto this site, and I love it... (speaking of mutual aquaintances, nice shout out to the Lance Krall Show!)... anyway, your post reminded me of something from when I was younger...
I worked at a video store all through high school with my little brother, and another friend. We used to break into the manager's office and use her phone to call the front desk when she was up there, making it look like an outside call. Then, we would make up a story about how we were looking for someone in the store (always using a disguised voice) with some ridiculous, Bart Simpson-esque name (Amanda Huginkiss, for example...although, being 16, I'm sure there were a lot of Richard Hurtz, etc.). Then, as she walked through the store asking customers their names, we would record her on the surveillance cameras. Then, later, we would play the tape on the overhead monitors for everyone to see.
Ah, to be young and working part-time in suburban New Jersey...
I've never been good at playing tricks, but I did fool Pete for 2.4 seconds. Right Pete?
How do you like my blog?
That's not my blog!
You got tricked!
When Bri was a service manager at a car dealership I would call and use a funny accent and start freaking out saying that my Mazda broke down on 405 and I need her to personally come pick me up and other things like that. It was really funny. After a while she knew it was me on the phone, but she couldn't be 100% sure, so she would have to be polite and explain that she couldn't pick a customer up, but that she could call a tow truck for me. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home