Friday Collage
One day Pete said, "Suzanne Vega is a hitmaker."He and I are going to see Elton John at Key Arena in September! He offered to go which was a shock since he can't stand Elton. I asked him if he would be sour during the show and he said no. I'm so excited! Maybe we could eat at the fondue restaurant that night too. As long as it's a night for me getting to do whatever I want!
Speaking of concerts, when Pete and I went to see Lou Reed at the Moore (it was either the Moore or the Paramount), when Lou walked out (by the way, he walked like a very old man, or like someone whose muscles are turning to bone) I grabbed Pete's hand in excitement. This caused him to drop his Mento. He had a Mento in hand to pop in right when Lou got to the mike, apparently. Isn't Pete funny? Pete has since given up Mentos and turned to a product called Mynts.
I have started watching Grey's Anatomy season 1. I am loving it! The first time I watched Grey's Anatomy was the pilot way back when. I only watched to see David Vegh, who was playing a patient. I did not like the show at all (other than David Vegh!) so I never watched it again. In the meantime my friends are always raving about it. It's good. You should watch it!
Here are some foods that Pete and I have made:
- Drunken Noodles
- Crab Cakes
- Grilled Halibut
- Clam Chowder
- Stir-fry
- Bowl of Candy Pie
- Ice Cream (my favorite was strawberry, Pete's was peppermint)
- Vegetable Lasagna
- White Bean Soup
- Burritos
- Mashed Potatoes
- Lamb/Spinach Curry
- Lentils with Onion (disasterous results)
- My Mom's Spaghetti Sauce
- Corn Casserole
- Noodles with Chicken and Peanut Sauce
- Waffles
Once we were serving waffles to Herbert, and I was holding the batter bowl and crouching for some reason. I lost my balance and fell backwards against the wall. But it wasn't far to fall, so to Pete and Herb I guess it seemed like nothing had changed. Except for the fact that I was shouting "I FELL! I FELL!" They just looked at me. Finally I think I said "Help me!" so Pete got up and took the batter bowl from my hands. It makes no sense for me to tell this story on a blog. It must be hard for you to picture, but hey, I thought of it and it made me laugh so there ya go.
Once Pete and I were in a sketchy neighborhood, and we had just seen a woman jump out of a car (it was a slow-moving car but still!). I felt kind of scared so I took Pete's hand. But he took his hand away not long after which made me mad. I asked him about it later and he said he was worried that if a hoodlum saw us, the hoodlum would shout, "WHY ARE YOU HOLDIN' HANDS!?" Isn't he funny?
See ya later.

4 Comments:
This is just about the sweetest blog posting I've ever read...
I don't think I can live another day without having a bowl of candy pie. I don't know what it is but I must have it!
I also watched one episode of Grey's Anatomy (with dbd's mom actually, which, though lovely, didn't help its street-cred) and decided it stunk and never watched it again. I have also heard since then that it's actually really good, but I try not to add new shows to my roster, so I'm staying away for now. Have you seen Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet? It's my favorite best new show ever!
heh heh
I like this posting too. more! more!
So what is a Bowl of Candy Pie?
Damn those hand-holding-hating-hooligans! Pete, you are too funny! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home