Have you been eating your TUMS?
Well, no I have not! And now I have a stress fracture in my foot to prove it. Here is what happened:
1. On Wed. May 24, my right foot started hurting.
2. It kept hurting.
3. On Tues. May 30 I started putting it on ice and elevating it.
4. On that day I also called my doctor, but her first opening wasn't until Fri. June 2 at 10 AM.
5. The pain kept getting worse and worse. I would leave work at 3 to go home and put ice on my sad foot.
6. On Friday I went to the doctor, who sent me to have an x-ray.
7. I got the x-ray, and when my doctor got the results, she called and said "you have a stress fracture. You will need to wear a weird ski boot kind of thing for several weeks."
8. I am still waiting to get the ski boot. In the meantime I am supposed to stay off my foot and wear my Dansko clogs to keep my foot from bending.
It hurts, and I am crabby about it.
Here is my foot, and my finger is pointing to where the fracture is.

7 Comments:
So, is a stress fracture due to stress that you have been channeling into your foot? If so, you should stop it. Now.
Seriously, I hope it feels better SOON!
P.S.
Did you get your foot stuck in a mailbox?
Oh, Blade, so sucky!
A stress fracture? Bladio, you need to stop working your feet so hard! They're people too, and need time off to wiggle in the grass, or to just sit up and watch some TV. Treat them nice, and they'll be there when you need them, say, to move, or to chase down Ann Beattie.
Sorry your foot hurts. The doctor should take care of you - if not you should put your foot down. hardy har har
momster - perhaps my migraines have migrated to my foot :(
tina - um, stress fracture in foot vs. labor = no contest...?
nuclear toast - believe me, my feet watch PLENTY of TV! i think it's the opposite problem: they can't cope when i'm trying to walk around and function as a regular human.
small fish - "stress fracture? my foot!" ;)
tomorrow at 1PM i get my weird ski boot.
Dude....I'm not in labor any more.
But wouldn't it be great if I tried to shut people down with that ad infinitum?
______ vs. LABOR??!!
I was in LABOR!
I WAS IN LABOR!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home