LW
I agree with Dup that the new Long Winters album is really really good. You all should buy it.
Do you know how I know? Because Pete bought it yesterday and let me bring it to work today. He hasn't even listened to it yet! He's nice.
Also, our 1-year wedding anniversary is this Sunday. We're going to Big Sur, CA.
Anyway, here is a silly story that some of you (chiefly Seattle- or ex-Seattleites) have probably heard. JR of the Long Winters was playing The Old Rocker in the Gas Man one night.* It was before the show and everyone was standing around and he was sitting on this table. I decided to work on my social skills and start a conversation with someone I find somewhat intimidating. You know, to get better at that sort of thing. We had met briefly before but I wasn't sure he would remember me.
So I was like Hello and he was like Hello. And then he said, "It's good to see you." And because I am so cool I said,
"IT IS?????"
I was truly surprised but really, did I have to say it that way? I guess so, that's how it popped out. Fortunately JR either didn't notice how dorky that was, or he did and didn't show that he thought it was dorky. Then we talked about Omaha. He said, what's that salad dressing they have there. It's like French with pepper in it, and it has a special name. And I was like, that's Dorothy Lynch. And he was like, yes that's it, it's very good.
As a bonus, readers, since you can't hear how I really said it, I have created a graphic to help you understand.

* I just found out that The Old Rocker's name was Bernard. Did anyone else know this? That's what it says on Herbert's site.

11 Comments:
I could hear how you said it...even without hte graphic. I've heard you say that before! :-)
Oh, man. The fact that you said "It is????" like that is exactly what makes you so cool. You're the best. I so admire you, Bladey. I wish I were that unfetteredly genuine. You've got it going on, sister.
I can hear you saying it too--but I think that's because I may have heard that story live, but as Watie would say (and we know it is true) if it is funny one time it is funny every time. And, it makes it funnier with the diagram. You are the best!
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I hope your trip is wonderful!
This post is 200% better because of the chart. It's like a Pentagon briefing, only interesting.
Now, how do I go about getting me some of that "Dorothy Lynch"? It sounds good.
Dorothy Direct: http://www.dorothylynch.com/storelocator/dorothydirect.cfm
learn the history of DL, nutritional info and more at http://www.dorothylynch.com
I could hear you say that too, Blade, but the chart just hammers it in! Love the chart!
Happy one year anniversary! Hope your trip is a blast.
Love the graphic.
Yay! Happy anniversary! Have a great vacation. One time I saw Cheech in a restaurant in Park City, Utah. When he walked by my table I made eye contact and said "Hey, I'm a big fan!" Totally dorkey and everyone must have thought that I was a big stoner!
Hey, yeah, happy anniversary! I remember when you told me that you dreamt that Pete planted one on you.
Have a great time in your yurt!!
heh that's awesome.
i love the graphic though i could also hear exactly how you said that.
i did know his name was bernard.
i miss that show.
i L O V E that story. i laugh more everytime. (so this is blog commenting?)
it reminded me of, and please pardon the inside jokeness of this other commenters,:
"i'm walkin heeeya!
"i'm am an amputee heeya!"
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to both of you!!!
are you back? how was big sur?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home