Book Club
On Monday I hosted Book Club at our house. The club is called Wuthering Bites and the motto is "Read, Eat and Enjoy!" This month we were supposed to read Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham. I only got halfway through because it's really long and I'm a dork.
Anyway Pete and I brainstormed some ideas of snacks to serve that would be related to the book. The book (at least the parts I got to) took place in London, Paris, and a small town in England. The people in the book seemed to only eat bread. The main character drank absinthe sometimes, but I thought that might be too much for a Monday night. I ended up geting Brie to spread on French bread, and crackers with sliced Cheddar and Gruyere.
Pete's brilliant idea was to serve W. Somerset Maugham-a-lade. This was a hit. Although I don't know if anyone actually likes marmalade?
Anyway while we were brainstorming, Pete and I thought about what if in the last chapter, the main character invents nachos, or eat chips and salsa or something, and if I had just finished the book the food ideas would have been super easy.
I'm still going to finish the book by the way. In fact I'm going to finish it in the next couple of days while I take a break from Bladio Blogio and the Internet in general.
See you back here later next week!
Yours in the blogosphere,
Bladio
p.s. Happy Birthday in advance (July 3) to the Gallivanting Monkey, as I will be unavailable to say it on the actual day. As for the rest of you funkhausers, Happy Fourth!

3 Comments:
The thought of "maughm-o-lade" just made my night!
When I was younger, I loved "The Razor's Edge"...I wonder if it's one of those books that worked for me as a teenager, but might not resonate as much now that I am old, old, old.
And, despite my love of Bill Murray (who, yes, I did share a stoplight with on our street...), I've always avoided the movie adaptation he was in...
Mmmm... Brie and french bread :)
Thanks, Bladey!
That book club sounds cool. Also, I just read a book that I thought you'd like. In fact, the voice of it is such that I feel like you could have written it. It's called The Wonder Spot, by Melissa Bank. It was so great! Read it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home