Bladio Blogio

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fun Times in Fla

We were near Jacksonville, Florida, for family vacation and a wedding, and we were on the beach and saw the shuttle take off from Cape Canaveral on July 4th. What we saw was very simliar to this photo:



We could see the flames shooting out the back and everything. People were all over the beach watching it and when it disappeared from view everyone cheered. It gave me the chills. I'm not one to feel too patriotic, but I did when I saw the shuttle take off. I thought that was a much better way for our country to celebrate the 4th instead of killing people, which is what the so-called patriotic government seems to enjoy year-round in the name of the USA. My feelings were bolstered even more when Pete told me that the first Iraqi astronaut is on board.* What a nice step toward resolving the conflict between our two nations!

When I have more pics to post and more time I will tell you about our trip which was FARKIN AWESOME!

Photo Source: Philip Andrews for the New York Times

(* He was kidding.)

4 Comments:

At 7/06/2006 11:53 AM , Blogger DK said...

sweet!!!

 
At 7/06/2006 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need to tell my brother-in-law about the Boy Who Cried Wolf. This is way too many times he has tried to put one over on us.

 
At 7/07/2006 10:39 AM , Blogger Ash said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip! :)

 
At 7/10/2006 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a picture very similar of that from my trip to Florida, but it was only a Delta 5 rocket, not the Space Shuttle! Bladio wins again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home