Bladio Blogio

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sally Hijinks

This morning Sally chased a squirrel (while on her leash). The squirrel ran up a tree and then looked down at her. And dropped a half-eaten nut on her head! Pete wondered if this would cause Sally to stop chasing squirrels, but in fact she saw it as an invitation for more engagement in the future.

That's nothing compared to the other night however. Sally loves our down comforter which is covered with a flannel duvet cover. If it's too hot for the comforter, we throw it on the floor and she sleeps there instead of on the bed with us.

Anyway the other night it was nice and cool so she was on the comforter with us. I woke up at 3 am because my leg was under the comforter, and I prefer to have one leg sticking out the side and on top of the comforter.

Well I couldn't get my leg out and I was starting to feel claustrophobic. It seemed that Sally was on the floor sleeping on the edge of the comforter and weighing it down. I gave a little tug to try to get her to move, but she wouldn't move. I felt around on the floor to try to rouse her. But I didn't feel fur - only flannel. I could feel the warmth and shape of her body through the flannel. I woke up Pete to tell him that Sally was INSIDE the duvet cover!

That dog had bit through a buttonhole on the duvet cover to release the button to make enough room to crawl it! She is whacked!

We had to tempt her out with a treat. I put her under the covers with us and explained to her that's a way to be cozy without getting in trouble. But she didn't like it and slept on top again.

Silly Sally!

5 Comments:

At 9/12/2006 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, sally, what mischief will you get into next week? I'll just have to tune in and see.

love,
bostonseo

 
At 9/13/2006 8:32 AM , Blogger la Ketch said...

that is so cute. eliott loves to chase squirrels but he will never catch them. there was one in the yard the other day and he didn't even run. e didn't know what to do! he just stared at him like, "you better run." that squirell had his number...

 
At 9/13/2006 10:45 AM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

"...but in fact she saw it as an invitation for more engagement in the future."

That squirrel was taunting Sally. And Sally was all, "Oh, it's ON, biotech!"

 
At 9/14/2006 10:50 AM , Blogger Ash said...

Oh Sally! Suck a silly girl!

 
At 9/14/2006 10:51 AM , Blogger Ash said...

I of course meant to type SUCH not suck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home