meme pt. III
I have been tagged by Gallivanting Monkey to tell 3 fantasies about myself if I were a "total, unbelievable success. Like the hero of all future reunions." Here is the final entry in this series.
After many years of dinking around I finally get back to writing. Really writing. I write every day. I finish short stories. I share them with Pete. I send them to FW for his feedback. I send them to my former writing TA's. I send my stories out to literary magazines and one of them gets published. It's well-received and gets included in one of those Best Short Stories of the Year anthologies. I get an agent. I get a book of short stories published. It's not a best-seller by any means but it's well-received and gets some positive reviews. I go on a book tour and do a reading at the University of Iowa Library in that little auditorium where I used to go to readings. [I think this is not technically possible, because I think they re-did the library or something.]
I return home and start a novel. I've never written a novel. But after a long time and a lot of hard, frustrating work, and with the assistance of Tina as my ad-hoc editor, I finish it. It gets published too. Again, not a best-seller but well-received.
Of course in the meantime, I am having a jolly time at home with Pete and Sally and our two kids.
In an exciting twist of fate, Alexander Payne decides he wants to make a movie of my novel. So I go to Hollywood to advise on the film. He writes the screenplay and I approve wholeheartedly. The movie stars Meryl Streep (dude I can't help it! I love her!), Kate Winslet, Keri Russell, Larry David (he plays the funny friend!), Mark Ruffalo, and Christian Bale. I have a small cameo in the film as well even with a couple lines! (Sally gets a cameo too!) I get to hang out on the set and it's SO FUCKING AWESOME. I even get to have lunch with Jennifer Garner and she invites me over to her house and we talk about exercise and nutrition and other fun things.
My success doesn't go to my head. I'm still the same old Blade.
Special thanks to mosugs for her assistance with this post.
Now time to tag some of my pals! Will the following bloggers please write 3 fantasies about yourself:
-- KWW
-- themeredoerr
-- Momster
-- jonnynono
-- mosugs
-- Ash
-- DK
-- Dangles

4 Comments:
what is this book about? I mean, I'm really curious to know where Alexander Payne's career has taken him, so it would be good to know.
also, i think i would pay good money to see christian bale and larry david in the same movie.
it could go like this:
Christian: All my friends are gone.
Larry: GOOD FER DEM! GOOD FER DEM! (Larry, not watching where he's walking, bumps into Blade)
Blade: Well, Heeeelllooooo!
The end.
Wow - what am I going to write about? Yikes!
I will have Dangles dictate his stories to me and I will type them for him.
Any fantasy with Larry David in it would be great... well almost any fantasy.
btw - way to turn your great writing into a chain letter!
Blade!
A meme-y triumph. You smacked 'em all out of the park. I want them all to come true all at once. You gotta be on Sixty Minutes and write your stories/novels in your off time - how long can it take to do Sixty Minutes? And then pump out those treatises and enjoy your well-earned macaroni and cheese under the adoring gaze of your family. I'll be in the other room ad-hoc editing and wandering out to fill my plate.
You're great!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home