Bladio Blogio

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Food Pain Poll

This is a poll to determine reader experience with food pain. Please put your answer in the "comments" section of this post.

A - I have been eating Doritos and one Dorito has poked me in the top of my mouth and scraped the skin and it hurt really bad.

B - I have been eating Cap'n Crunch and it was so rough that it ripped up the inside of my mouth.

C - Both A and B.

D - Other (write in).

9 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

B!!!

 
At 4/06/2006 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A and D (the toasted bread of a BLT has done some damage)

 
At 4/06/2006 2:03 PM , Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Once when I was in college I was out to dinner with friends, and I accidentally swallowed a tortilla chip whole. It slowly went down like THREE KNIVES. I ended up standing up in the restaurant and yelling, "IT HURTS! IT HURTS!"

 
At 4/06/2006 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A and D for me. Just yesterday I bit into an apple and a little piece of the skin wedged up between two of my teeth, and I walked around for hours feeling like I had a 2 x 4 in there. But those Doritos, man, they'll get ya!

 
At 4/07/2006 12:47 AM , Blogger pete. said...

Dup should be weighing in: He'd say hot pizza. "It's not worth it." Hot pizza has gotten me. But once I got a clove in my food and that was harsh. I think it was a clove. Doritos have hurt me too.

 
At 4/07/2006 6:53 AM , Blogger Floyd said...

I burned my mouth on some raviolis! They were steamy! Ow.

Ha!

 
At 4/07/2006 9:43 AM , Blogger DK said...

i broke a tooth on a cookie - a motherfriggen cookie.

then there's the whole idea of food that you know will bring you pain later...

 
At 4/10/2006 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

E. All of the above. Yes to the Dorito. Yes to Cap'n Crunch. Also yes to the hot pizza, and the crust also Cap'n Crunches the crapola outta the roof of my mouth (but I still eat it). And I've got you beat, small fish: I broke a tooth on a frelling GRAIN OF RICE!

 
At 4/10/2006 10:00 AM , Blogger Ash said...

Tina - I too have swallowed a large piece of tortilla chip and felt it slowly scrape down my throat - Terrible!

B - Damn those Doritos.

I would also like to add that QFC has this yummy caprese sandwich (tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil) on thick baguette that is delicious, but when they toast it like a panini (the only way to go) the bread texture on the top turns into sharp points that scrape up the roof of your mouth. Painful but still worth it, especially with a pesto aioli for dipping.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home