Bladio Blogio

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Lionel

Yesterday I heard "Stuck on You" on the radio, and it's been in my head ever since.

Stuck on you
I got a feelin down deep in my soul that I just can't lose
Guess I'm on my way!
Stuck on you
Needin a friend
[Somethin] a woman like you will stay with me to the end
Guess I'm on my way!
Mighty glad ya stay

Now is it in your head too?

Anyway then I got to thinking about the "Hello" video where that blind woman sculpts Lionel's head. I did a search for "lionel ritchie video" and the first results was a sort of blog called "Building a Lionel Ritchie Head". These people set about recreating the head from the video. It's a pretty funny read, these seem like nice fellows.

Bonus: Watch the "Hello" video. IT IS SUCH A WEIRD VIDEO.

3 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want ot know is what the hell kind of radio station were you listening to?

 
At 4/27/2006 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, that video is weird! What's the deal on the talking in the middle of it? If I liked the song I'd be pissed at all that yapping that interrupts it.

 
At 4/29/2006 5:01 PM , Blogger Sean Nelson said...

i always though it was "mighty glad you stayed," though "stay" also works, grammatically.

if the world were hip-hop, he might be saying "mighty glad ya staid," which is a strange sentiment for a song, but not at all strange for a boyfriend to think about his girlfriend. a staid girlfriend is something special.

i have totally sung "hello" in karaoke, even though i hate singing karaoke.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home