Bladio Blogio

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Emeril?

Does anyone like Emeril?

Is he supposed to be funny?

I think he's supposed to be funny, but he seems completely joyless.

Is he trying to be funny?

He seems really lame.

His persona / schtick feel forced.

His recipes sound good.

But he is really annoying, not funny, and let me reiterate - joyless.

7 Comments:

At 5/04/2006 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That whole 'bam' thing is really tired.

 
At 5/04/2006 10:32 AM , Blogger Adam Szymkowicz said...

He spoke at my graduation. he had a good speech. but I've not seen him on tv.

 
At 5/04/2006 1:03 PM , Blogger kww said...

Watie wont watch Emeril because of the BAM thing--which is lame. I do try to watch it because the recipes are good. I went to his restaurant once and it was awesome. But, yeah, he seems pretty, well yeah joyless. I wonder if it is because his network sitcom failed. He realized people don't love him they just like his food...maybe?

 
At 5/05/2006 9:44 AM , Blogger Ash said...

For some reason I feel like his personality was just made up for TV. I also find the BAM thing annoying. I don’t eat meat, so I can’t even enjoy his recipes. Emeril doesn’t do anything for me.

 
At 5/05/2006 11:08 AM , Blogger pete. said...

Those fish on the Comcast commercial like Emeril!

 
At 5/06/2006 1:31 AM , Blogger Bob said...

About a year ago, I went to a focus group where they showed us an episode of his show. I actually love a bunch of Food Network shows, I'll admit, but I never watched an entire episode of Emeril. Dear God, it was annoying! I actually wrote on my commentary sheet afterward that if I heard him say "Sweetheart" or "Bam" one more time I would stop watching TV altogether.

That said, he does make good food...

 
At 5/08/2006 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He may be an acquired taste. When I first started watching him, I thought he was arrogant. Once I learned his personality and the regular jokes, I enjoyed him =and= his recipes. It's a pork fat thing. Oh yeah, babe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home