Bladio Blogio

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

If Scarlett

Johansson had played Maria in Andrew Lloyd Webber's revival of the Sound of Music in London, I would have blown a gasket every day for 30 days. I would have been very crabby at home.

Pooh on Andrew Lloyd Webber for thinking she would be a good Maria. I'm thinking this revival is not such a good idea if these kinds of thoughts are going into it.

I'm trying to think of a good modern-day Maria from Hollywood. But I can't think of one. Sarah Jessica Parker?

6 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 5:40 PM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

Jessica Alba. But then, that's my answer to just about everything, from algebra to mideast peace.

 
At 8/02/2006 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Johnny Depp? He seems to be all the rage these days.

 
At 8/03/2006 9:22 AM , Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Johnny Depp, ha ha!

Hmmm. Kate Winslet?

 
At 8/05/2006 7:59 PM , Blogger kww said...

I would watch it if it were madonna. How about Drew Barrymore--she could be clutzy, optimistic and romantic--
Kate Winslett good idea.
What about Jaime Lee Curtis, Emma Thompson, or Reese Witherspoon--or wait the one that is like Reese but a little more normal--Julia Stiles or something--no I mean the one from Spiderman? Maybe I am insane--You would think all my Us reading would make me better at star identification.

Who is the captain?

 
At 8/07/2006 7:58 AM , Blogger kww said...

Watie said even though he can't stand her, what about Rene Zellwegger. He also thought of someon else I thought was good. But then I thought Queen Latifah--now what if SHE was Maria. Yeah...I would watch that.

 
At 8/07/2006 6:46 PM , Blogger bladio said...

kww - i think you're thinking of kirsten dunst from spiderman.

of all these great suggestions i choose kate winslet, drew barrymore and queen latifah.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home