Bladio Blogio

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Caledonia

Ok here I am eating my lunch so I'm going to get a couple little Scotland nuggets on the blog.



1. We went to a restaurant and the woman who seated us told us the soup was Stilton and broccoli. So we all ordered that from our waiter because it sounded so good. When he brought it, it was chicken noodle or something. I asked him what it was, since we had been told it would be Stilton and broccoli. "No," he said. That's all he said! We ate it and it was good. But what up? We discussed it and realized that the woman had whispered it individually to each of us. Some sort of weird trick?



2. My curling iron melted the first day. Yes, I had it plugged into an adapter. My friend Suzy melted her straightening iron in London so it must be a thing about the UK and hair appliances.



3. At night we would watch Seinfeld episodes on our portable DVD player. So fun!



4. We saw lots of ruins. Castles, catherdrals, neolithic settlements. Super cool.


5. We stayed at this B&B on Orkney (the one where the visiting fireman let us in) and every day when we got back, the gate to the driveway would be roped closed, and my dad would have to get out of the car and open it. There was never anyone working at this place, except in the morning a lady would make us breakfast.


6. Pete liked the breakfast sausage but I did not.


7. A happy surprise for us was running into a squad of bagpipers & drummers warming up outside their tourbus in Ft. William.



8. I tried 2 new whiskies: Bowmore (gross!) and Crainlysh (sp?) (boring!). We mostly drank our favorites, Talisker, Highland Park and Macallan.


9. There was a Star Wars exhibition going on in London and my mom got her picture taken with a stormtrooper. I didn't know about this opportunity and I am sooooooo jealous.


10. The London Eye globules would go right past our hotel window which was kinda freaky. Before we went on the Eye ourselves we put a weird stack of items on our windowsill so we'd know which window was ours (see below).


Well there's more but I have finished my lunch and must get back on task!


3 Comments:

At 7/27/2007 10:19 AM , Blogger mosugs said...

reason #422 why i love blade: she uses the word globules and puts items on her windowsill so she can see her empty hotel room!

 
At 7/27/2007 12:52 PM , Blogger DK said...

plus she's always on task!

 
At 7/30/2007 10:37 AM , Blogger Ash said...

1) I love broccoli cheese soup so I can only imagine how delicious the stilton and broccoli would have been. :)

10) You guys are so funny! Are they officially called globules? ;)

Sounds like you had a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home