users like you tend to be horrible
Okay so I'm on CitySearch looking for a place to eat dinner tonight.
I did a search for American food on Queen Anne. I'm reading the results, blah blah and I click on some small Italian place and at the bottom of the page, I see:
Was I reading about TGIFriday's, Chili's, etc? In what way are these users like me? They use the Internet? They are neurotic and at times, overly-sensitive? They like to read books? They love Elton John? Because dude I am not looking for or viewing Applebee's and thus I am offended.Also I should point out that Cafe Flora (the other listing) is about as far from Applebee's as you can get.
Normally I think this sort of thing is phrased something like, "people who viewed this restaurant also viewed...x...y...z..."That makes a lot more sense than "users like you".
By the way I like Applebee's and other chains like that when I'm the right mood. I just think this wording is stupid.
PS WHAT THE FARK WITH BLOGGER and SPACING I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. I delete the extra spaces and they come back in. Grrrrrr!

5 Comments:
Same thing happens to me! Sometimes if I goof around in the edit html part I can get them to go away for good.
p.s. i only read your post just now because i'm getting very excited for you to be our houseguests.
p.s.s. I still think your posts are funny, though
And another thing...
Not only are the restaurants completely different from each other, but the Applebee's is in BELLEVUE!
Applebees is a fine establishment with great salads, but I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't list other casual dining restaurants such as Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin, or Bahama Breeze. Stupid "related views" search engine!
I'll leave it to Raggs to rant about the Blogger spacing issues.
Applebees is the butt of an inside joke between Watie and I to describe our friends from the great north that overcook their brocolli.
However, I intend to start frequenting TGIFs because a certain childhood chum is about to made manager. Plus, I think it might be family friendly--although I don't really know, it could be lots of people drinking after work...
Yeah - TGIFs is lots of people drinking after work (in our area) but they never seem to get rowdy, so I think it's still family friendly.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home