Bladio Blogio

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Richard Gere's new movie

I have been waiting forever for Pete to blog about this, but I have grown impatient so I must tell you this story.

Earlier this year, Pete said to me, "There's a new movie coming out called 'The Richard Gere Hoax'. It's about how that whole 'thing' is a hoax." *

Somewhat incredulous, I said, "It's a movie about that 'thing', a documentary, and he's participating?"

And he said, "Yes, it debunks that myth - it's a hoax."

WELL it turns out that Richard Gere was in a movie called "The Hoax" but it was not a documentary and it was not about that 'thing'. Pete claims the ad in The Stranger was misleading but...

* I am not going to describe the 'thing' in this post but I think you know what I'm talkin about.

5 Comments:

At 8/16/2007 11:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

well, i was mildly interested in seeing the actual Hoax, but now that I know about this fake movie involving the thing*, I'm MUCH more interested in seeing that one!

it happened, though. i'm sure of it. poor little gerbil.

 
At 8/16/2007 3:51 PM , Blogger DK said...

maybe the Stranger was making a hoax about The Hoax. Maybe The Hoax is itself a hoax. Maybe it is just a ho ax...

 
At 8/17/2007 9:30 AM , Blogger NuclearToast said...

Poor Pete, he should have listened to his mother about taking hoaxes from Strangers...

 
At 8/20/2007 3:39 PM , Blogger Ash said...

I wonder if PETA ever investigated that hoax?

 
At 8/30/2007 12:41 PM , Blogger kww said...

I don't know about any thing. Which makes me even more curious.
However, these references to a gerbil are kind of freaquing me out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home