Food Network Items of Note
Well it's a day ending in "y" so that means I've got the Food Network on my mind and I want to tell you some things...
First of all, this is probably going to just be dumb to you, but this commercial was just on that made me crack up last year. It's a commercial for McCormick Spices and there's a voiceover and the part that cracks me up isn't important at all. It's this guy who opens his door and says "Hey! My folks are here!" under the lady's voiceover. It's a holiday commercial. Since Halloween is over I suppose Food Network will be playing this over and over again. I don't think you're even supposed to notice it, you're supposed to be listening to the lady's voiceover, but keep your ear open for it, and let me know if it makes you laugh as much as it does me. Every time I hear it I like to shout out "Hey! My folks are here!" and wouldn't you know that Pete has pretended not to notice every single time...good news Pete! It's back!
This item of note is special for Tina, who long ago told me that she really likes Michael Chiorello (sp). I am working from home today and I was making my lunch and watching his show and he just THREW POLENTA ALL OVER THE DINING ROOM TABLE and then ASKED HIS GUESTS to just scrape a bit over to their eating area and eat it! OMG! It's so shocking! Look - here he is doing it:

If you want, you can Do it at your house!
This item of note is special for Sarah and Katie who have issues with the Barefoot Contessa and her HORRIFYING love of her HUSBAND JEFFREY*. I wanted to let you know that today she is throwing a beach cookout for her friend's DOG'S BIRTHDAY. A bunch of dogs are invited and she's making treats for them. The humans are going to eat HOT DOGS get it? Anyway I'm just calling this out to show that she cares about dogs too.
This item of note is special for Ashley who doesn't have issues with the B.C. I just noticed that the onion dip is her recipe!!
This item of note is for everyone. I have posted before about the gamut of emotions I feel when watching Sandra Lee. Well a couple weeks ago I watched her Halloween episode where she dressed up as the women of rock. First she was Cher, then Barbra Streisand, then Madonna, then Liza Minnelli. It just really depressed me. She kept saying how people had told Madonna she'd never amount to anything and she shore showed them!Later we went to a movie and before it started, Pete said, you are being really quiet. And I said, I am sad about Sandra Lee. I feel sorry for her. He asked why I feel sorry for her and I listed my reasons, one of which is that I just don't know who really watches her show! And he pointed out that I'm feeling sorry for her because I'm putting my own feelings into her life (i.e. I wouldn't want to be doing that show) and really she probably is happy doing the things she does. He has a good point! I think he's right. She still depresses me but not as much. Thanks Pete!
I know I know, why do I watch her show when it makes me feel all mixed-up inside? I don't know! It's just a crazy thing I feel I must do!
* Ha ha! Seriously though, it bugs me too sometimes and I see your point but I like her otherwise, and my like for her overpowers the annoying Jeffrey parts.

7 Comments:
I used to be addicted to the Food Network. I watched it all day long. As soon as I came home, I had to have some Food Network. I began sneaking away at other people's houses to watch some Food Network. But then I went to Shick Shadel and cured my addiction. Now it's nothing but Discovery Channel and O and E and other vowel channels for me. The end.
Michael Chiarello, whatinthenameof?! What are you doing, man? I don't know what to think or how to feel. If he threw a bunch of bread on the table, you know, I'd feel fine. But polenta on the table!! Blade, this is newsworthy, indeed.
Your response to Sandra Lee and Pete's response to Sandra Lee are both indicative of why I love both you and Pete.
I feel bad about ever saying anything negative about BC...I mean, dang man, she is good. She really is. And it is good to cook for one's partner--it shows love. I certainly feel loved when folks cook for me...
And I mean love when I cook for others...
I think that is why I love the food network--it is all about love
food=love
That is why I weigh close to 200 pounds.
I hope I can convince myself that
Swimming=love
OMG – Your onion dip is her recipe?!?! No wonder I love it! BTW – it totally bugs me how much she talks about Jeffrey. And is anyone else surprised that Jeffrey isn’t 500 pounds? With all that good food around all the time it seems like he should be really heavy.
P.S. You know I love dairy, but that polenta recipe calls for 1 GALLON of heavy cream. That makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it.
My like for her totally outweighs her over-the-top Jeffrey love, too. In fact, it was my mom that complained about her "sucking up to her husband", which still cracks me up. And I have noticed that she giggles her head off and seems to adore every single friend she ever has on--not just Jeffrey--so she's okay in my book.
As for Sandra Lee, I never did get to see that Chefography show on her which I think is what swayed you into kind of liking, or at least respecting, her. But just hearing about it has softened my intense dislike for her. I still don't watch her show though. It hurts my eyes and ears and I think it would hurt my tastebuds if I ate her food.
I don't think you're crazy for watching it even though you don't really like it though. I will admit in this public forum that I watch that Sweet Sixteen show on MTV and I think everything about it and what it represents is absolutely deplorable!! But I can't stop watching! It's like my eyeballs think they can suck up the badness of it and cure it somehow!!!
This weekend I was watching the Barefoot Contessa and she made some crème brule for her lady friends who came over to have lunch in her garden. I noticed that she made 5 servings even though her lunch party only consisted of 4 people. Sure enough - she said she made the extra one for Jeffrey! But then at the end of the show she ate it before Jeffrey got home! Ha ha haaaaaa! ;)
Ummm - Where are you?!?!?! 24 days and not a single blog post? Come back! ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home