ice cream update
I have been tagged for a meme (twice) - but this is not that post. I haven't forgotten though!
This is just a quick post to let you know I'm alive and that there are 3 new Ben & Jerry's flavors out that we have tried.
The first one we tried was Imagine Whirled Peace. Pete didn't like this at all and said that the chunks were good but that the actual ice cream had no flavor. I liked it ok but not enough to ever get it again. I'm actually wondering if we got a bum pint because it says that it's sweet cream and caramel ice creams swirled - but I saw no swirl. The ice cream was all one color and flavor.
#2 - ONE Cheesecake Brownie. OMG! GO EAT THIS RIGHT NOW!
#3 - Cake Batter. Ditto. GO EAT IT - NOW!
#2 and #3 - delicious!! You won't even believe it!

9 Comments:
I'm really glad you did this because I have stood in front of the Ben & Jerry's section recently, pondering the goodness of both the Cake Batter and Cheesecake Brownie flavors. And I didn't want to risk it.
You're my ice cream psychic!
What's in the cake batter? Are there swirls? Chunks? Just wondering...
I love ice cream. LOVE IT. So imagine my surprise when there was a Ben & Jerry's flavor that was rated "Ok, but won't buy again."
CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER... MASS HYSTERIA!
I am obsessed with new Ben & Jerry's flavors! There was a period of a couple of years when they all seemed to contain a caramel swirl and I happen to not like caramel, so that was a bummer for me, but they seem to have moved past it. Imagine Whirled Peace had no discernible swirls when I tried it either. Maybe vanilla and caramel colors are just too similar? I liked this one, particularly when the toffee cookies pieces had some crunch, but it probably won't be a new favorite for me either. I like the chance to have caramel flavor without caramel texture though, so that was a bonus for me. I sampled the 7 Layer Bar at their store and I look forward to having a whole pint of it! I haven't tried Cheesecake Brownie because I don't like cheesecake though I suppose I'd have more of a chance of liking an ice cream version. And I didn't particularly like the Cake Batter ice cream--I feel like it needed some other texture or something. A sprinkle swirl would have been delightful!
For the record, the most recent addition to my all-time favorite flavors list is their S'mores ice cream. Whoever invented the graham cracker swirl is my hero.
I can't believe you made me hungry for ice cream at 6.30 on a cold morning.
In step 9 of this demo you can see the variegate-guidance system adding swirls to the ice cream. Maybe it was malfunctioning the day your pint of Imagine Whirled Peace was made.
My favorite is Neapolitan Dynamite because it is actually my two favorite flavors (Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Cherry Garcia) side by side in one pint!
Sadly, I could not find any of these new flavors at my grocery store today. :-(
Oh man, I am so excited. I can't wait to try them!!!!
You rock my friend.
One month and counting! I am craving some Bladio Blogio!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home