mistaken identity
yesterday i had this weird IM conversation. i have an IM contact with the same last name as my friend aaron (let's say it's "bloop"), and i don't know how he became my contact, but we had never communicated before.
aaron, not sure if you read this blog, but if so, hello!
also, you need to know that next to my IM, my special message is "Bob Loblaw" who's a character from Arrested Development.
you will notice the point where i suddenly felt very weird!!!
Ron Bloop says: I LOVE Bob Loblaw. That is the funniest show ever. This is Michael though, not Ron.
Blade says: michael bluth?
Ron Bloop says: I want to be president of the company!!!!!!
Ron Bloop says: You back on the McCain wagon now?
Blade says: i don't know how to say this, but i'm not sure who you are. i know an aaron Bloop but not a ron Bloop.
Ron Bloop says: This is Michael. I am working on Ron's computer. Ron is my Dad. You have met him. He plays guitar and eats alot.
Blade says: are you related to aaron?
Ron Bloop says: Wait - is this not Blade [other last name]???
Ron Bloop says: I think one of Aaron's friends got on my Dad's IM - Sorry. Aaron is my brother.
Blade says: oh!
Blade says: i'm blade miller
Blade says: i used to work with aaron
Ron Bloop says: Sorry about that. I'll fix the IM.
Blade says: that's ok!
McCain wagon! Red flag! Red flag!
I don't talk politics on my blog or actually much in real life, so I will just say, I'm not on the McCain wagon.
I should add that politics freak me out in general, so it the red flag was partially that it was McCain and partially that suddenly the conversation had turned to politics.
Yours,
Blade

4 Comments:
I had a strange case of mistaken identity on my real phone one time. When I answered the other person said 'hey' and it sounded like my friend and we conversed for a little bit until we figured out we didn't know each other! That was embarassing.
You know the worst place to have a case of mistaken identity? In the post office next to the Most Wanted poster. That's the last time I wear a hood and sunglasses!
I am laughing. But partly because I just started watching A.D. and I feel the need to apologize to La Ketch for not watching it when she warned us it would go off the air. What did I know--I am an IDIOT!
OMG - Too funny! Remember when I did that to you? I thought you were my other Carolyn and I IM'd you asking for a pick of Manny? Ha ha haaaaaaa!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home