safe
Just wanted to let you know that I attended my weekly meeting yesterday and didn't fall...my colleagues and I were relieved.
It's pouring rain on the skylight which is one of my favorite things - listening to the rain and then peeking out the window to see how much it's really raining compared to how much it seems to be raining when listening to the skylight. Pete is talking in his sleep in the other room. I couldn't understand what he just said but he was certainly very serious. And then:
"Are you ok?" he asked.
"Yes, I'm ok, go back to sleep."
I love that guy. In the few minutes it took me to write this paragraph the rain has already died down and when I peek out the window at the streetlight it shows just a drizzle in its reflection.
I haven't even told you about how Christmas and New Year's went. Christmas in Omaha was awesome and New Year's was good too. We ate black-eyed peas on New Year's Day for good luck (a southern tradition). The recipe we used is called Hoppin' John - perhaps you've heard of it. If ol Hoppin' John is bringing us good luck this year he sure has a frickin fricked up way of showing it. Then again I am sometimes a cynic, and I'm sure blah blah blah. Then again, perhaps he's the one who brought Modest Mouse our way instead of the Goo Goo Dolls. I have heard tell that ol Hoppin' John works in mysterious ways...
Happy Birthday to FW today and KWW on Saturday. Two of the finest Nebraskans I have ever known and certainly will ever know. A toast to you both and all the goodness (and goofiness) you've brought around. I am thankful for you.
Yours always,
Blade

3 Comments:
Thanks Bladio. Love, Harry.
I say thanks too! I love you ol Bladio--I am glad you didn't fall.
I hope that Hoppin John works in straightforward good lucky ways soon.
You are the best.
K
Keep on keepin' it real, Blade.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home