Bladio Blogio

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I think you should...

  • go see There Will Be Blood.
  • read What is the What. If you don't want to because you don't like Dave Eggers, you should read it anyway because you quickly forget about him, like after 1 sentence.
  • check out this NYTimes article covering the science behind double-dipping. The research was inspired by a Seinfeld episode. This article also says that the "5-minute rule" for dropping food on the floor then eating it, well, it's not a good rule to follow. That sucks!

-------------------------------------------------------

I didn't really like Juno. I had a particular problem with it, which wasn't the acting or actors. So when people ask if I liked it, I say no, but I feel guilty about it, because a lot of people really love it. Then again, what am I worried about - that people won't see a movie because I said I didn't like it? Whatever!

I also didn't like Once.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld when the pilot was in the audience and Jerry froze up during his act and bombed (so to speak)? I was thinking about that episode last week because Pete and I were on a plane. That was funny. The pilot just had this blank face all the time, but also forboding. I wonder if people are always asking pilots about that episode?

4 Comments:

At 1/31/2008 7:08 AM , Blogger la Ketch said...

i liked "once" but it wasn't what i thought it was going to be. luckily i had just seen "hairspray" which setiated that for me. i haven't seen juno yet but i want to but i'm trying to keep my expectations to a zero. i just put the eggers book on hold. he kind of bugs me but i also like him and i'm so excited to have a recommendation for a book that isn't about babies. thanks blade!

 
At 1/31/2008 7:09 AM , Blogger la Ketch said...

i mean on hold at the library so that i can check it out and read it. not 'on hold' like i'm holding off on reading it. i'm going to read it.

 
At 2/03/2008 11:14 AM , Blogger YogaLia said...

You should talk to Paul about Juno...I think he liked it but he definitely didn't love it, and I think he has interesting reasons why.

I'm back. By the way.

 
At 2/16/2008 3:34 PM , Blogger kww said...

Hey, I wonder if I know why you didn't like it. At one point in the movie I said to Watie I bet that is why B doesn't like it. My friend Judy didn't like it because she didn't like the portrayal of the abortion clinic, until her friend told her that they really don't take a position because the pro-lifer in front is really dumb too.
I don't think I can see There will be blood...
Also, how long is that Eggers book--I really like him for about 250 pages, but then I get tired of him. (I really only base that on one experience).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home