Kilo Candy
A couple weeks ago Pete and I had CNN on so we could keep tabs on some election returns. I think it was a Saturday, because the CNN folks weren't the usual suspects like Anderson Cooper, Larry King, and those people whose faces I recognize but don't know their names (like that guy who uses his finger to draw green on that fancy screen). It must have been the Saturday of the Washington caucus.
Anyway we had CNN on and we were doing other things, although I can't remember what, maybe I was reading the newspaper or something. The CNN anchor seemed kind of silly, and I said to Pete, "that guy's weird" and he agreed. He kept being weird and I kept noticing that he was weird. Not insanely, over-the-top weird, more like a car salesman than an anchor.
I looked up at the screen at one point and said, "His name is Kilo Candy! No wonder he's weird!" and we were both like OMG Kilo ["ky-low"] Candy! So weird! Except that lasted for only about 30 seconds, because it turns out that wasn't his name on the text bar below his face, it was the headline for the next story, which was about cocaine disguised as candy. So it was kilo pronounced "kee-low".
I still don't know the anchor's name but he will forever be Kilo Candy to me.

1 Comments:
This post makes me want to grind up some Jolly Ranchers into powder and then snort it off of a Weight Watcher's cheesecake. Kilo Candy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home